How is it possible that I have a 2 year old! It doesn't seem like that long ago we were all wondering if I would make it to the end of July. It seems like just yesterday my feet and hands were swollen beyond recognition. But...it has already been 2 years since the doctors performed the c-section that gave me my little girl.
Jaelynn....you are amazing! I have loved every minute of the last 2 years and can't wait to see what this year brings us! Lets do a recap of the last year.
- You went from scooting, to crawling, to walking, to running
- You now have a very large vocabulary...that you use often to express your likes and dislikes
- You went from eating small chunks of table food to devouring everything in sight
- You can now reach the counter tops...so nothing is safe
- You climb with ease and have no fear
- You have mastered the stairs and sneak up them every chance you get
- Elmo and Ernie
- Baths...but not hair washing
- Little People...or Peoples as Jaelynn calls them
- cuddling with mommy and daddy at night to avoid bedtime
- your blankie and nukie
- Being told no
- Not getting your way
- Having to leave mommy and daddy all day
- Meat that doesn't have sauce on it
- Toys that bite
Princess you have taught your daddy and I so much in the last year! We thought that having a newborn was hard...and it is...but having a toddler is hard in a different way. We just hope that we are doing everything the right way and we hope you realize how much you are loved! We hope your birthday is magical and special and that all of your candle wishes come true little one!
I'll leave you with one last thought....a then and now. Everyone told me that time would go by fast. Turns out this is one time that everyone is right.