Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Mommy brain fart

The sad thing is I don't even have an excuse. Like I can usually blame things on waking up late or dealing with a crabby Princess in the mornings but not this time.

This morning I woke up at 6 like always. I wanted to get up at 5:30 to spend some time with the elliptical but no big deal. I spent the same amount of time in the shower and by the time I was getting dressed I was actually ahead of schedule.

I went downstairs and it was actually before 6:30! I started the coffee and filled my water jug. Fixed my toast and decided against bring my lunch. Let the dog out, fed and watered him and loaded the car. By 6:40 I was heading back upstairs to set out Jaelynn's clothes and wake her up.

I like to leave plenty of time in the mornings to cuddle because Jaelynn doesn't like mornings...not even a little bit...unless she wakes up on her own. So we snuggled until 6:55 and went back to her room to get dressed and do her hair. We headed downstairs and got our shoes on and were out the door by 7:06.

We were headed into town and I could hear the little turkey back there trying to undo her shoes. I told her it was chilly outside so they needed to stay on! We get to Monica's and I plop Jaelynn down to take her shoes off. Then I saw it.... I put Jaelynn's shoes on the wrong feet!! I'm sure it isn't the last time I'll do that but I really hope in the future I have an excuse....

No comments:

Post a Comment