Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Boy or Girl!!

Today was the big day!! We went in bright and early to see if we were having a boy or girl! Kevin and I were so excited we actually showed up almost 20 min early. When it was finally our turn, we went back into the room and started to get settled in. I was working on getting comfortable and in a position where I could see the screen on the wall and the tech had just got started.

Tech: "Daddy...are you sitting down?"
In my head I'm thinking YES! It is a boy!!
Tech: "You guys are having twins!"
Me: "Are you kidding me?"
Kevin: *Laughing*
Tech: "No...I'm not joking..there are two babies here."

Yes...we are now expecting twins! While the shock has started to wear off and we are very excited this is one thing we never expected. The babies look beautiful and are measuring right at 20 weeks 3 days. Everyone is healthy and happy in there. Oh...and we are having 1 boy and 1 girl!

I'm shockingly only measuring 3 weeks ahead and do not look like I'm carrying twins at all. I'm sure that will change in the coming weeks. Jaelynn is through the roof excited! Her eyes got huge when we told her mommy was having 2 babies! She looked like she had just won the lottery!

The babies are laying side by side right now and were beating each other up during the ultrasound. They likely won't change sides but they will change positions within their respective side. Besides having a lot more appointments not much more has changed. I've gained a total of 8 pounds and the docs all seem very happy with that since the babies are doing so well. I'm sure you can all tell by this post that I'm a little scatter brained right now!

We are believing that I will carry these babies full term and they will not have to spend time in the NICU! I would like you all to believe and pray the same thing with us!

3 comments:

  1. That is awesome news! If anyone can do it...you can! Praying here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Came accross your blog today...this post brought back memories for me. I have boy/girl twins! What a blessing...best wishes!

    ReplyDelete