Friday, July 30, 2010

A million thoughts

In 4 days we get to see our baby on the big screen! I'm so excited to see this little life growing inside of me and to put some of my anxiety at ease and see if he or she is ok! I've been thinking a lot about the gender too. My gut tells me this time that baby 2 is a boy and that seems to be where my dreams are leading too. Right before our ultrasound with Jaelynn I had a dream that we were having a boy! In my dream I was thrilled, Kevin was thrilled and our young daughter was thrilled too! That is when I realized I had been wrong and we were in fact having a girl. Last night I had 3 dreams (because I get up and pee about 1 million times during the night) that we were having a boy. No surprise 2nd little girl in the dream either. Just my sweet Jaelynn with her eyes bright falling in love with her little brother. Guess we will see soon how accurate my dreams are!

I'm starting to really think about the little things that will change. I've been worried most about how this will affect Jaelynn. She seems thrilled right now with the idea of having a sibling but how is she really going to adjust when the baby is here. We are trying to teach her to be a little more independent right now with going potty (this is also for preschool too) and playing quietly on her own. She is really great at playing on her own but there are days when she is just suction cupped to me when we get home. I don't want her to resent the baby when he/she is the one suctioned to me in the evenings.

I'm trying to think of all the ways she can be involved now and when the baby comes. Have you ever tried to explain breastfeeding to a 3 year old? My girl is smart and even I didn't want to go there with her. I'm sure she will be a great help with changing and shushing the baby (maybe too much help sometimes?).

Also, how on earth am I going to do grocery shopping?? A 3 year old, a newborn and a sleep deprived mom walk into the grocery store.... this is not the set up to some bad joke...it is going to be my life soon! Where am I going to put the groceries? Not to mention that we are not getting a bigger vehicle before #2 arrives. We will still have the truck and the Elantra. I'm going to have to go redneck on the truck and carry a tarp I think.

We haven't started remodeling the room that we will move into yet to make room for this child. I haven't started going through totes yet to see what can be used this time. No purchases have been made. Not one single diaper or wipe. I'm 18 3/4 weeks away from my due date and I'm obviously freaking out just a little here!

No comments:

Post a Comment