Friday, April 13, 2007

24 week update

Okay...sorry I didn't get this down right away I have just been kind of spacey this morning. So....baby Faux and I had another appointment yesterday. We are both very healthy and growing wonderfully! Baby's heart rate was 148 and my blood pressure was 148/80. I'm retaining a lot of water which is one of the reasons I have gained 18 pounds already. Good news is that the doctor isn't worried about either of us! However....I measured at 28 weeks...which is about 3 1/2 weeks bigger then I should be. The good news is we get an ultrasound on May 1st in the afternoon! Kevin and I are so excited to see our little one finally and hopefully settle the boy or girl debate! Also at the appointment I will be getting tested for gestational diabetes which is totally routine.

I love going to these appointments. Yesterday my stepmom Tammee came with me and got to hear her first grandchilds heartbeat. This is such a special time in our family and also for Kevin's because ours will be the first grandbaby on both sides. I love to listen to my dad (and the other grandparents to be!) talk about all of the things he is going to do with the baby because it just confirms what I already knew....he is going to be a wonderful grandpa and our child is going to be loved beyond anything it could ever imagine.

I can't believe in under 16 weeks we will meet this little person that kicks me and amazes me everyday. I can't wait to see all of the people I love hold my baby and shower it with love. Baby Faux.....when you grow up I hope you realize how much we love you and how wanted you really are!! Love you sweetie!

No comments:

Post a Comment