Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Watermelon and Bologna

Today I am 7 weeks and 1 day preggy and loving it! I do have a bit of the morning sickness and I am quite tired but it is all worth it know that I am growing our little peanut (or Alex as Tiff calls the baby).

With pregnancy comes cravings. Well, for me anyway. I want some fairly odd things for me. Those of you that know me well will see a small pattern of foods that I am not normally fond of. For instance, I don't hate Subway but I could really do without it and I have been eating a lot of Subway. Especially the meatball sub. Don't stand in the way of me and a meatball sub right now! Example two: McDonalds. I am a firm believer that most thing wrong with our world can be linked back to eating at McDonalds. We went to Des Moines over the weekend and I had to have McDonalds and it had to be right now! Kevin watched me eat in amazement....I was truely in heaven. Example three: Bologna. I need to have a bologna and cheese sandwich on wheat. Soon. I am going to the grocery store tonight and plan on getting some of this bologna. I can't believe I will eat it but I am sure "Alex" will really enjoy it. The kid has some sort of affection right now to processed meat..... All of those cravings make me think I am having a boy.

Now onto some more normal food cravings. These cravings make me think I am having a sweet little girl. Watermelon: If anyone reading this can send me a watermelon I will love you forever. I tried watermelon flavored candy but it isn't the same. I might try watermelon flavored jello tonight and see if that curbs it for me. Fruit in general: Anything fruity in season right now I am loving. Canned pinapple, grapes, kiwi, oranges...well you get the point. I want fruit. Chocolate: I could chase a chocolate bar down the street right now. That, however, is not that unusual for me. Ice cream: I almost cried the other day when the Schwan man showed up at work. I was so very happy! I am pretty sure he thought I was nuts though! Last one....pickles. All kinds, shapes and sizes. And the juice. Yummy.

So, in a nutshell....the perfect meal right now would be:
Bologna and cheese sandwich on wheat bread with mustard
Watermelon
Pickles

A bowl of Chocolate/Vanilla malt twist ice cream
A big glass of milk

The first person who shows up at my place of work with this menu wins a prize.....my gratitude!!

No comments:

Post a Comment